Which CEO's have a greater propensity to take risks?
Our own analysis of the paper suggests that functional background is a also a determinant. Indeed it might be said a greater determinant. Those with an output background (Sales & Marketing) have a higher propensity for risk taking than those from a general management background. Definitely borne out by my own experience says Oxen Park’s Geoff Booth who has worked with most functions over the years.
You don’t forget your roots: the influence of CEO social class background on strategic risk taking, Jennifer J. Kish-Gephart and Joanna Tochman Campbell, Academy of Management Journal 2015, Vol 58, No 6, pp1614–1636.
- New website will bypass HR in harassment claims
- Communication & Brain Filtration
- Intelligent Automation for HR webcast
- Current Leadership Development Programmes – fit for purpose?
- Becoming Data Savvy in HR
- Talent management in an era of uncertainty
- Psychological safety a common link among top performers
- How does your HR Department rate?
- Stubborn children grow up to be richer, study reveals
- Is Diversity is about having the best thinking?