A refreshing look at stress
We recently enjoyed a virtual conversation with our old friend Nick Petrie from the Centre for Creative Leadership in Austin Texas, with some HR leaders.
Nick has a very personal and yet refreshing take on handling stress. He talks about RUMINATION and how it’s that which causes stress rather than the affects of daily life at home and work. RUMINATION being the propensity to ruminate or constantly think over things that you are anxious or worried about – thereby creating ‘stress’.
We think he has a point and one or two of us in Oxen Park can vouch for it personally too.
Nick’s White Paper on the topic is available here.
- New website will bypass HR in harassment claims
- Communication & Brain Filtration
- Intelligent Automation for HR webcast
- Current Leadership Development Programmes – fit for purpose?
- Becoming Data Savvy in HR
- Talent management in an era of uncertainty
- Psychological safety a common link among top performers
- How does your HR Department rate?
- Stubborn children grow up to be richer, study reveals
- Is Diversity is about having the best thinking?