Face-to-face requests are far more successful than an email
The researchers found that people tend to overestimate the power of their persuasiveness via text-based communication, and underestimate the power of their persuasiveness via face-to-face communication (Originally posted on the Harvard Business Review).
This definitely something we at Oxen Park would agree with – the challenge as ever is to persuade very busy clients to allow enough time for face to face conversations.
- HR business partner models fail to add strategic value
- Open-plan is the death of face-to-face
- US eateries join the co-working space race
- The future of the workplace
- Use & Abuse of Psychometrics
- Becoming Data Savvy in HR
- HR must do more to adopt people analytics
- A view from down under - Gender Pay Gap
- Top-paid men exceed women by four to one - Opinion
- Be A Better HR Business Partner 2018