Face-to-face requests are far more successful than an email
The researchers found that people tend to overestimate the power of their persuasiveness via text-based communication, and underestimate the power of their persuasiveness via face-to-face communication (Originally posted on the Harvard Business Review).
This definitely something we at Oxen Park would agree with – the challenge as ever is to persuade very busy clients to allow enough time for face to face conversations.
- Be A Better HR Business Partner 2018
- Oxen Park Continues its Traditional Support of Water Aid
- Improbable gender pay gap reported by UK companies
- New website will bypass HR in harassment claims
- Communication & Brain Filtration
- Intelligent Automation for HR webcast
- Current Leadership Development Programmes – fit for purpose?
- Becoming Data Savvy in HR
- Talent management in an era of uncertainty
- Psychological safety a common link among top performers