Is enforcing employee holidays becoming a business necessity?
Research from advocacy group Project: Time Off shows that 37% of U.S. workers say they don't take their allotted vacations due to concerns over the backlog that will amass in their absence. The study also found that even when holiday is taken, four out of five employees remain connected to work, checking in on smartphones and mobile devices. Fortunehighlights that LinkedIn shuts completely for two full weeks every year in an effort to prevent this, with the business network’s vice president Nina McQueen saying skipped or half-hearted breaks could eventually result in burn out.
- New website will bypass HR in harassment claims
- Communication & Brain Filtration
- Intelligent Automation for HR webcast
- Current Leadership Development Programmes – fit for purpose?
- Becoming Data Savvy in HR
- Talent management in an era of uncertainty
- Psychological safety a common link among top performers
- How does your HR Department rate?
- Stubborn children grow up to be richer, study reveals
- Is Diversity is about having the best thinking?