Do top bosses need to treat HR with respect?
The Evening Standard's Anthony Hilton writes that "while senior executives will happily acknowledge that humans are important, they too often think HR departments are a pain, staffed by specialists who pursue esoteric agendas that bear little relation to the day-to-day needs of the business."
But the author says skilled HR practitioners can play a key role amid a growing awareness that organisations will have to change fundamentally to survive in the emerging world.
Oxen Park's Geoff Booth disagrees, his opinion is that HR leaders must earn respect for themselves and their teams.
Originally reported in the Evening Standard
- New website will bypass HR in harassment claims
- Communication & Brain Filtration
- Intelligent Automation for HR webcast
- Current Leadership Development Programmes – fit for purpose?
- Becoming Data Savvy in HR
- Talent management in an era of uncertainty
- Psychological safety a common link among top performers
- How does your HR Department rate?
- Stubborn children grow up to be richer, study reveals
- Is Diversity is about having the best thinking?